Friday, May 3, 2013

One month out, 23 to Go

Dear family and friends,
 
I have had two instances of when I felt the Spirit was truly speaking through my mouth. The first was when we were teaching an investigator with my companion. We had decided to do our first notes free lesson in Mongolian and we both were trusting in Heavenly Father to give us the Gift of Tongues. We both decided that we were going to teach about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. We began teaching and the words found their place in my mind, and when I spoke them I felt confident they were expressing the thoughts in my heart. Finally at the end I pulled out a note card that I had written a long testimony on and I began to read it. Many of the words were new, and long but I spoke them with the Spirit on my side. I don't know if he understood the words I was saying, but I could tell that he had felt the Spirit and that by the mighty power of the Holy Ghost he has received our message. He prayed with us for the first time, and again I felt the Spirit.
 
The second time I felt the Holy Ghost speaking through me is when I gave my companion a blessing of comfort. I laid my hands on his head, and reviewed the missionary handbook (I had never done this blessing before) and I began to bless him. I don't remember many of the words that I said, but I remember how I felt and the message that Heavenly Father had for him.
 
This church is true, through my experiences and the testimonies of the Elders here that I have heard I have solidified that knowledge. The Book of Mormon is true, it truly is God's words written on paper and given to us for directional and personal revelation. The doctrine in Peach my Gospel is also inspired revelation for our day and age, and if you haven't had a chance to read it I urge you to do so now. Friends and Family, I KNOW God lives, I KNOW Christ is our redeemer and savior and I KNOW the Holy Ghost is the mediator for us to the Father and will bear witness of truth fullness.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I am good. This week has been hard. Its been hard saying so many goodbyes with so many people you love. Its like leaving on a mission and saying goodbye to everyone all over again.
 
Yes, I've been eating more healthy. I've lost the 12lbs I gained here. I think I have written everyone, I'm not sure.
 
No, I will not be able to call on Mother's Day, there are too many people in the MTC and there's no way everyone would be able to call. I'm sorry and I really love you, but I will be able to call everyone from each airport!! That'll be really cool!
 
Love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment