Sunday, June 1, 2014

Another Incredible Week



Alright what has happened this week has been incredible.


We had a complete drunk we had been meeting with drop off the face off the earth a couple weeks ago and we were really sad. We thought maybe he had died or something, turns out though we got a job and has made a 360 turn around! We was wearing a suit, and looked super nice when we met him! My companion and I were speechless. This guy was seriously a blabbering drunk, but now has become a good-looking well to do normal person. Amazing! We taught him about the Atonement, and about God and Jesus Christ and now he has made the changes necessary to grow. Shows just how far people can come back from their mistakes!


Also normally Mongolians are very cautious of religious people, Christians, and especially Mormons here in Erdenet, but this week we didnt have a day where people didnt come up to US and ask to meet with US! People seriously wouldnt leave us alone, haha. It was crazy! They gave us their phone numbers, promised to come to church and were very excited to meet with us and learn about God! It was an incredible week. In one week we maybe got 12+ new investigators to meet with!! And the sisters in our district have been having the same thing happen to them. We all have been working REALLY hard, and I have been doing my own effort to be 100% diligent and its been paying off ten fold. Erdenet's time to shine is now and I cant explain how excited I am to be a part of it!



Also on Saturday we taught an all new high of 10 lessons! In one day!! Crazy, we planned a split and just went to town meeting and teaching people! It was an awesome day!!!


Also when I was in the MTC our teacher had us write a letter to ourselves that he would send to us a year into our missions. I got that letter this week and it was so cool! Haha I was kinda funny, I will quote the first line: "Who says time travel isnt possible? You just got a letter from yourself a year ago. Your a funny guy!" haha. It was suppossed to be kind of an inspirational and uplifting thing and it was. Really showed me how much ive grown. The things I was struggling with and now have overcome, and the things I still need to work on. It was really awesome!


I also wanted to talk a little about the faith of the members here. I was truly been humbled time and time again by their unbelievable faith. I have a friend here in Erdenet who will be in the next missionary group here, that has only been a member for two years, and now will leave his family for another two! One of my favorite missionaries currently serving left his family to serve knowing that they would possible disown him. They didnt but for the last year and a half he hasnt got a single letter, or email from them, even though he emails them every week. They are both unshakable in their faith and dedication to the Lord.


Just want all of you to know Im doing great. Ive learned dedication and am learning patience and the blessings from working so hard are too many to count. I love my God, my Savior, and this work more than anything and am so grateful to be in the service of my God and family.


-Elder Clement

No comments:

Post a Comment