Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lessons learned



Ive learned a lot this week and I wanna share it. A couple of weeks ago one of my friends was having a hard time on his mission. He was having insecurities about his teaching abilities, and I recommended that every night before he sleeps he think of an investigator then teach that investigator a lesson in his head. I realized last week I needed to take my own advice. Starting from the beginning of last week, I have done that every night in Mongolian. Right before I sleep, I open my lesson notebook where Ive planned all my lessons, I re-read it, then think of an investigator and teach them in my head. I also have been learning diligence, dedication, and perseverance. My companion is incredible at this. He does something bad then doesnt stop until he better than everyone else at it. President Heber J Grant was also this way. President Grant was horrible at penmanship and after practicing for a LONG time he became a penmanship teacher and wrote important documents for banks and important organizations. I am not very good at perseverance. If I do something bad its very hard for me to continue to do it until I am good at it. Right now my mongolian language is below average. I have been studying but not hard enough because I had no hope I could ever be fluent. I had faith God lived but I didnt have trust in His ability to help me with something like this. I decided last week, I was going to completely dedicate myself to God and this mission. I havent had a wasted moment this last week at all. And yesterday was one of the biggest miracles of my mission.

Im not a great teacher and when its in Mongolian I teach even worse, but yesterday was the first opportunity to teach a lesson this week (we had a lot of trainings and conferences this week), I opened my mouth and the Spirit was immediately overwhelming me and controlling everything that came out of my mouth. I had no constraints of language or teaching ability. Everything I taught was simple, clear, and understandable. I had the full attention of the investigator and EVERYONE in the house. When I went to turn it over to my companion to teach he only looked at me dumbfounded. He turned to the investigator and tried to say something but could only stutter a few words before he turned it back to me. I taught the entire first lesson completely by the power of the Holy Spirit. It was the most incredible thing thats every happened to me. I know understand what The Gift of Tongues means. I love the Lord, I love this work, I believe in God and trust in His ability to help us.


I love you guys!
-Elder Clement

No comments:

Post a Comment