Sunday, August 10, 2014

Details on the Transfer



(In response to a harrasing email from mom for not giving more details) :)

Sorry, haha. Ok the detailed filled email:

I left the city without any notice or warning. They just said get on the bus that's leaving in two hours to the city, and I did. I hurriedly packed my bags, and jumped on the bus. President hadn't decided exactly who I would be with or where I would go, but it was transfer day and people were being transferred so he just told me to come to the city with my bags. Anyways I got there and a day later I found out that I would be with Elder Sims, in Enkhtaivan Ward. Only the second time I've been in a ward in Mongolia, usually they are branches instead of wards. So basically I'm serving with one of my friends in a very strong very awesome ward, or in other words I am in Heaven. It took me like 10 hours to get here from Erdenet. There is Elder Sims (my companion, 1 year 6 months), Elder Moore (11 months), and Elder Olivas (3 months).

I'm not teaching English right now which is super nice, but I'm trying to teach a lot of lessons. We got the ward list and this last week have been going to almost all the most active member houses and asking them to identify and update less active members on the list, then we started trying to meet with them. And bonus when we went to the good members houses to teach and ask for their help on the list they all fed us so I've had some incredible foods this week from members! I am about a forty minute bus ride to my old area. Yeah got a few investigators, they're doing good. Getting to know them and their needs right now.

(Questions from mom)

Do you see Pres Benson more now that you are in the city?

I see him more but I don't meet with him more, he still is super busy.



Did you have leave your beloved mattress behind?

No I brought the mattress, I love that thing, but it almost takes up one whole suitcase.


How are you liking the city?

The city is good, I miss the countryside though, but to be honest I want to spend Christmas and the winter in the city just to see how smoky and cold it really is here. Its supposed to be pretty bad.


How is Elder Huckvale? Do you see him often?

Huckvale is doing good, dont see him too much though.


What do you do on P Days

On p-days we have been material shopping for a cool companion and apartment tie. There are 1000s of materials totally available everywhere, and it super cheap to have someone make a tie for you. We also have been going to fancy restaurants, which is funny because "fancy" here is KFC.

No comments:

Post a Comment