Sunday, March 23, 2014

Almost a year

Alright Ive almost hit my year mark and because of that I have really ramped up my studies. this week Ive been in the Bible and found some really good scriptures I would like to share with you guys.

The first is Romans 8:16-
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.


This is when we feel a "burning in our bosom", it is the Spirit testifying to our spirit of the truthfulness of what were hearing.


Acts 17:29-
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.
Hebrews 12:9-
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
These two scriptures really show how much we are children of a loving God, not a distant unknown being.
Also in my studies and working with less active church members Ive come to learn one thing. If members understand the Plan of Happiness, they will not become less active because after understanding comes a better vision of our future. I have re-read Mosiah 4 which I think is one of the best chapters about salvation in the Book of Mormon and my challenge to all of you is to re-read Mosiah 4 this week.
Alright about my work:
My new member Badmaanaymbuu is doing awesome!! She is faithfully attending church, has received a calling, preparing for the temple, and is now having us meet with her daughter who is getting the lessons! She is great and im so glad i was able to teach and baptize her!
My companion is also doing great. We are very similar and have some fun plans after the mission. We are in the same mission group and will be going home at the same time. We both have learned a lot this transfer and we're anxious to apply them with out new companions.



No comments:

Post a Comment